December 9, 2012

Hippopotamus from "Works of Hideo KOMATSU"

This hippopotamus's face is very cute.
Small nose,little eyes,tiny ears and short legs.
I want to pat his head.
But, folding this work was much more difficult than it looks.
I took 3 hours.
This time, I used a paper that called "Karape lapis".
I was able to express the texture of hippo's skin.


--- Hippopotamus ---
The difficulty:******
Time to fold:3 hours
Paper info:35cm * 35cm (Not cut anywhere)
Reference book:Works of Hideo KOMATSU

Works from the same book

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I am enjoying seeing your folding. I have a question about the paper you used to fold the Komatsu Hippo... Where do you buy Karape Lapis paper that is 35cm?! I can only find 15cm square sheets :(

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for my late reply.
      And Thank you very much for your comment.

      I can buy the paper this online shop,
      http://www.olshop.origamihouse.jp/item/904015.html
      or this shop.
      http://www.origamihouse.jp/about/map/map_e.html

      But both only in Japan.
      I don't know how get the paper in another country.
      Sorry.

      Delete
  2. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! origami heart

    ReplyDelete